Prequalification of Contractors - Successfully Selecting Contractors & Consultants: Tendering, Bidding & Award
The objective of this course is to present and discuss the Construction Tendering: Tendering and Modern Ways for Tenders’ Evaluation. Such projects involve much time and expenses, and close management control of them is required if they are to be completed within the established time and cost limitations. Developed and discussed are management techniques directed toward the control of cost, time, resources, and project finance during the Construction Tendering. Effective management of a project requires a considerable background of general knowledge about the construction industry. To facilitate the application of the proposed methodology for consultants and contractors selection and to increase the accuracy of computing the values of the weighting criterions for the different technical and financial criterions affecting competitive bidding, this computer program is introduced.
These courses are targeted for chief executive officers, finance managers, human resources managers, project managers, engineers and planners, information technology managers.
- introduction to construction industry
- introduction and overview of tender documents
- tendering procedures according to fidic
- introduction to tendering methods
- introduction to construction delivery methods
- the array of construction contracts
- contract definition and specifications
- familiarization and interpretation of instructions for governmental tendering laws
- proposed methodology for contractors selection
- standard forms of contract used internationally
- bidding strategy
- data base for tendering and tender analysis & award
- project cost estimating and unbalanced bids
- managing contract changes
- construction project pricing and measuring performance
- the project cost control and managing disputes and claims
- project completion and retention
- duration: five days (6 hours per day)
- classroom training conducted at the client’s venue (in-house) or as a public course.
- all course material is provided in english. Training can be presented in other languages based on request.